Famous change careers, perform surgeries and discover origin after DNA mapping; check | News

41

The actor Chris Hemsworth announced that he decided to take a break from his career after discovering that he has genetic predisposition to develop Alzheimer’s🇧🇷 The interpreter of the superhero Thor in the Marvel films learned about his condition after performing genetic tests, and his studies revealed that he has two copies of the APOE4 gene, which gives him 8 to 10 times more chances of progressing with this disease.

In addition to the 39-year-old actor, other celebrities decided to take this DNA test. Check out:

Angelina Jolie — Photo: Who

Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy (removal of the breasts) to reduce her chances of developing breast cancer. The 47-year-old actress had the surgery in 2013 after medical estimates said she had an 87% risk of developing breast cancer and a 50% risk of ovarian cancer.

At the time, the newspaperal The New York Times published an article entitled My Medical Choice – My Medical Choice – in which Angelina explained that her mother had cancer for nearly a decade and died at the age of 56. In the interview, the actress, who is the mother of 6 children, said that she tried to assure her children that the same disease would not take her away from them.

Glenn Close — Photo: Who

The actress Glenn Close75-year-old TV series star damagefrom FX, and known for film roles that include Fatal Attraction and Dangerous Liaisonscarried out the mapping after an offer from her husband’s contacts, David Shawfounder and former president of IDEXX Laboratories Inc.

“To me, anything that can help advance science is worth it. It’s well known that I have mental health issues in my family,” the actress said in a telephone interview with the news agency. Reuters🇧🇷 Glenn Close’s family has a history of mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

Snoop Dogg — Photo: Playback/Instagram

the rapper Snoop Doggaged 51, underwent his genetic mapping in 2010, during a participation in the chat program López Tonight🇧🇷 At the time, the artist was surprised to discover that he has only 71% of sub-Saharan African descent. The results showed that the remaining 29% was split between Native Americans (23%) and Europeans (6%).

Eva Longoria — Photo: Who

The actress Eva Longoria, 47, has always believed her family to be Mexican-American, considering her ancestors settled in Corpus Christi, Texas. However, a DNA test revealed that her roots go back to Spain. The artist was also surprised to discover that she is distantly related to the famous cellist Yo Yo Ma.

George Clooney — Photo: Who

The actor George Clooneyaged 61, discovered, after carrying out the genetic mapping, that he is related to none other than Abraham Lincoln🇧🇷 Lincoln’s mother and Clooney’s fourth great-grandmother were half-sisters, making the actor and former US president half-cousins, five times distant.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply